DBeaver is free and open source (GPL 2) universal database tool for developers and database administrators.
- Usability is the main goal of this project, program UI is carefully designed and implemented.
- It is free and open-source (GPL).
- It is multiplatform.
- It is based on opensource framework and allows writing of various extensions (plugins).
- It supports any database having a JDBC driver.
- It may handle any external datasource which may or may not have a JDBC driver.
- There is a set of plugins for certain databases (MySQL, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Vertica, Informix, MongoDB, Cassandra in version 3.x) and different database management utilities (e.g. ERD).
- It has a great number of features.
- DBeaver consumes much less memory than other popular similar software (SQuirreL, DBVisualizer)
- Database metadata is loaded on demand and there is no long-running “metadata caching” procedure at connect time
- ResultSet viewer (grid) is very fast and consumes very little ammount of memory
- All remote database operations work in non-blocking mode so DBeaver does not hang if the database server does not respond or if there is a related network issue
DBeaver is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
DBeaver is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.