DBeaver 2.0 Final Release version is ready.
- Eclipse plugin version
- SQL templates (snippets) support
- Database compare feature
- Data editor improvements
- Hex editor for strings
- XML data export
- SQL log persistence
- Project explorer UI improvement
- Apache Cassandra driver
- Misc fixes in generic JDBC/ODBC support
- A lot of UI fixes
Notes: If you migrating from DBeaver 1.x then it is possible that views layout will be corrupted (extra gray spaces, corrupted toolbar, etc). In this case go to Preferences (main menu File->Preferences->Interface->Appearance) and change the theme (e.g. on Classic).
Thanks to everyone who helped us to make DBeaver better, who sent feedbacks and bugreports.
Special thanks to Eugene for localizations support.
Here is a DBeaver 2.0 release candiadate version. Well, what we have..
- Templates (snippets) support. It is a draft version so some things may work not like expected. But generally templates are just great.
To use this feature you may open new view “Templates” and just lick on template name or drag-and-drop it on editor. But the most powerfull thing is template shortcuts. Type template name (e.g. “scount”) and press TAB – template will be inserted at the cursor and you may choose variable values (like table name). And of course you may create your own templates.
BTW – if you have any SQL snippets that you think may be usefull for all please send them to us and we will include them in standard configuration.
- Database compare feature. In fact not only databases but any database objects may be compared. Just select them in navigator and choose “Compare” from context menu.
Compare results are saved in HTML report file. It is first beta version of compare feature, please send your improvement suggestions.
- Hex editor for strings. It is available in value (cell) edit dialog. String-to-binary convesion encoding may be configured in preferences.
- A lot of bugfixes (most of them related to E4 migration). Now we are very close to stable version. Just a little bit more testing.
It looks like Eclipse plugin version is not very popular at the moment, however I know that some people were very interested in it. Please send any feedbacks, I can’t test all plugin issues as good as in standalone version (because I use standalone version all the time) and the only hope to make it stable and good is user feedbacks and bugreports.
Apparently next version will be 2.0 final release. I hope to make it in November, not too long waiting.
Yep, it is ready. DBeaver 2.0.0.beta is ready for download.
For a while (until stable release) version 1.6.4 will be the default version for download. However 2.0 if fully functional and has several advantages.
Version 2.0 is compatible with Eclipse Juno (Eclipse 4) framework. Current standalone DBeaver version built and tested with Eclipse 4.2.1.
At last Eclipse Plugin version is available. Hooray. Plugin version may be run in Eclipse 3.7 or later (was tested with 3.7.x and 4.2.x).
Download links, release notes and instructions:
Continue reading “DBeaver 2.0 Beta” »
New stable release 1.6.4 is ready.
- SQL editor comments toggle support
- Autocomplete, SQL hyperlinks and objects search refactored:
- Object lookup speed significantly increased;
- Case-sensitive (quoted) object names lookup support
- Tables are shown prior to schemas;
- Support of HTML format for tables/data export
- SQL editor fixes (correct extraction of current query)
- SQL scripts creation fix
- Metadata editors UI and undo/redo fixes
- Quick data filters fixed (enable filters menu for empty result set + numbers formatting fix)
- Metadata property names localization
- Minor UI fixes
Probably it is the last 1.x version. Next release will be 2.0 beta.
And thank you for your bugreports and feature requests!
DBeaver 1.6.3 has been released. It is stable version with quite many improvements and fixes:
- Support of data edit for tables without unique key
- Support of custom descriptions for dictionary tables
- Quick filter of ResultSets
- ResultSet controls improved
- Transactions management improved
- Columns width fixed in ResultSet grid
- Support of nanoseconds for TIMESTAMP data types
- Oracle connection settings improved (SID/Service Name)
- Oracle metadata load fix
- Oracle DATE type handle fix
- MSSQL active database selection fix
- MySQL SELECT INTO fix
- SQL formatter improvements
- Many bugfixes and minor UI improvements
Now we are working upon new major version (DBeaver 2.0) based on Eclipse Juno framework.
But probably there will be a couple of intermediate versions before major release.
1.6.2 is a minor version which contains a few bugfixes and improvements:
- New connection wizard fix (test connection button)
- Parameter binding dialog improvement
- Misc UI fixes
DBeaver 1.6.1 has been released.
This version contains a few important bugfixes:
- Toolbar actions fixes (ERD, SQL editor, etc)
- Search dialog fix
- Object filters fix (NPE)
- Numeric data types (Oracle) handle fix
- Read-only connections fix (all new connections were read-only by default)
and a few minor UI fixes.
Finally here we are – open source version of DBeaver is ready.
We released under GPL license. As DBeaver is not a library but UI client there are no limitations for end-users. You may freely use it for commercial and non-commercial purposes.
- Chinese, Russian and Italian translations
- Metadata tree filters
- ResultSet editor improvements. Support of copy/paste for cells.
- BLOB editor fix (save)
- Oracle cursors viewer
- Read-only connections support
- HTTP proxy authentication support
- SSH support for external (native) utilities
- Line numbers ruler configuration
- Fixed handling of dynamic SQL parameters
- A lot of minor UI fixes and improvements
From this point we’ll increase team and start distributed development. So, I hope, it will let us to implement new mega features much faster
Notes about source code:
At the moment we are migrating from SVN to GIT version control system. I believe that SVN is not good enough for distributed development of open-source products.
So, for a while sources can be downloaded only as archive. You can find it at download page.
Special thanks to:
- Eugene Fradkin (i18n and Russian localization)
- Brook.Tran (Chinese localization)
- Roberto Rossi (Italian localization)
Our final 1.5.x version has been released.
It contains just a few fixes:
- SSH tunnels settings fix
- External tools fix (support of SSH tunnels)
- ERD color schema fix
- Hyperlinks fix
Next version (1.6) will be released in June and it will be open-source.
Now we are doing various boring things – project infrastructure, licensing, etc.
Yep, at last DBeaver is going to become an open source product. We belive free and open source is much better than just free.
It means that our SVN repositoy will be opened for checkout by anyone. For sure commits will be allowed only for commiters (team members).
Another still open question is license. At the moment I think it will be GPL. I believe it is a good license for end-user oriented GUI product, practically it won’t add any restrictions for users.
So.. We are looking for team members. If you want to participate in product development (anyhow) or want to become a commiter – please write me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Actually there are a lot of questions to discuss about the product future.
We are going to open the sources in the begining of June, so there is one month to prepare to this event.
Thanks to everyone who uses DBeaver. And thanks a lot to guys who writes feedbacks and sends bugreports.